Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
David Leverton

Default A plea for calm

On Monday 15 September 2008 21:51:50 b.n. wrote:
> The best defense of that motivation and characters is not arguing on a
> mailing list.
> It's them ignoring him and coding at their best.

How would that help? His arguments are not (primarily) about technical
quality, they are about Good and Evil. No matter how good Paludis is
technically, not matter how much it improves in future, he's convinced that
it is Evil Incarnate.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
»Q«

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:51:45 -0400
"Rob Rutherford" <rlrutherford@gmail.com> wrote:

> This thread is a good argument against Gentoo.

I don't think it's a *good* argument, but it's a compelling one. Maybe
a gentoo-paludis-wars list would be a good place to house these threads
so the noise is more easily ignored.

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
"b.n."

David Leverton ha scritto:

The best defense of that motivation and characters is not arguing on a
mailing list.
It's them ignoring him and coding at their best.

How would that help? His arguments are not (primarily) about technical
quality, they are about Good and Evil. No matter how good Paludis is
technically, not matter how much it improves in future, he's convinced that
it is Evil Incarnate.

If it's so, what's the point of bitching with him? You won't change his
mind. So, you're again just wasting bytes.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

»Q« wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:51:45 -0400
This thread is a good argument against Gentoo.

I don't think it's a *good* argument, but it's a compelling one. [...]

Heh, tried the Debian lists yet?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Norberto Bensa

Quoting Rob Rutherford <rlrutherford@gmail.com>:

This thread is a good argument against Gentoo.

I tend to ignore long threads. The bitches will always degenerate into
this :-/

Regards,
Norberto

Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 AM
David Leverton

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 00:11:30 b.n. wrote:
> If it's so, what's the point of bitching with him? You won't change his
> mind. So, you're again just wasting bytes.

Because people might believe him if he is allowed to go unchallenged.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 AM

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 03:19:11 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> »Q« wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:51:45 -0400
> >
> > "Rob Rutherford" <rlrutherford@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> This thread is a good argument against Gentoo.
> >
> > I don't think it's a *good* argument, but it's a compelling one. [...]
>
> Heh, tried the Debian lists yet?
While the "gentoo is dead" routine was a little old and kde vs gnome is sooooo
yesterday, I guess this paludis vs emerge thing is a little fresh. but could
you perhaps be more aggressive? and get the oil while you're at it: let's see
some real catfight.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
"Kent Fredric"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:25 PM, <cuciferus@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 03:19:11 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> »Q« wrote:

> > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:51:45 -0400

> > "Rob Rutherford" <rlrutherford@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This thread is a good argument against Gentoo.

> > I don't think it's a *good* argument, but it's a compelling one. *[...]

> Heh, tried the Debian lists yet? *

While the "gentoo is dead" routine was a little old and kde vs gnome is sooooo

yesterday, I guess this paludis vs emerge thing is a little fresh. but could

you perhaps be more aggressive? and get the oil while you're at it: let's see

some real catfight.

I miss emacs vs VI. because obviously, VI is way better and i like seeing emacs people try to put it down.

( the above was written in sarcasm, please take this as my* way of stating this discussion is moot and could you please just realize people have their differences of opinion* and you can't convert a convert , and talking to everyone else is preaching to the choir. )

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
David Leverton

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 22:14:47 b.n. wrote:
> Frankly, the more you challenge him this mindless way, the more I
> believe him.

If you think in such backwards logic then I don't care who you believe.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
"b.n."

David Leverton ha scritto:

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 00:11:30 b.n. wrote:

If it's so, what's the point of bitching with him? You won't change his
mind. So, you're again just wasting bytes.

Because people might believe him if he is allowed to go unchallenged.

Frankly, the more you challenge him this mindless way, the more I
believe him.
The only thing saving you is that your opponent is not much better, so
basically you both are on par.

You see, people doesn't give a s**t anymore about your *arguments*, if
you convey them by catfighting like two misbehaved children. Why don't
you write some thorough, well thought post on a blog (*avoiding* name
calling the other, but just *bringing arguments*): this could let you
advance your position.

And again, get a life. It's just source code, a package manager and
whatever. You are arguing on a tiny, tiny, tiny spot of the universe.
There are much worse things on which to get angry. Grow up.