Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Michael Sullivan

Default Is there a way to automate rsync of updated portage tree across multiple boxes without each having to pull it down from a gentoo mirror

I've got three PCs. I want to only have to have one run emerge --sync,
but for the box running the emerge --sync to be able to rsync the tree
to the other two boxes automatically (like in the middle of the night
while I'm asleep). Is there a way to do this? The problem with my
theories on how to do this fall apart when I get to the part where a
password has to be entered for rsync/scp. I used to do this with NFS,
but the box that will be running emerge --sync has a history of locking
up if there is more than one semi-heavy process going on it at a time,
so I want each box to have its own copy of the tree. Is there a way to
do this?