Old 09-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Grant

Default Gentoo video camera security system

I'd like to use 2 or more video cameras to monitor 2 locations over
the internet. Each of the locations has a Gentoo desktop running
24/7, and they are on the same local network. Zoneminder looks very
powerful, but is there something simpler that I wouldn't have to set
up mysql for? How would you select cameras for this? USB, ethernet,
wireless? I like the idea of a camera that doesn't run its own
software and instead relies on the Gentoo system for that, but I think
that will limit me to USB and it's 15-foot cable maximum?

- Grant