Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 AM
David Leverton

Default A plea for calm

On Monday 15 September 2008 07:27:16 b.n. wrote:
> In fact, someone ported it to Portage, so now everyone can be happy.

You'd think so, but some people won't be happy until Paludis and all its
developers are banished from the face of the Earth.

> So, why catfighting now?

See above.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 AM
"Kent Fredric"

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:27 PM, b.n. <brullonulla@gmail.com> wrote:

So, why catfighting now?

Because all the guys here are probably really lesbians trapped in mens bodies.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|

print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@gma.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'

Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

b.n. wrote:

Allan Gottlieb ha scritto:

I am a delighted gentoo user who neither uses plaudis nor has any
complaint with it or its developers. I also don't use kde, but have
no complaint with it or its developers.

I wonder if we could end this plaudis argument, as I don't see how the
argument can actually help anyone.

Same situation, agree completely.

All those "you're a liar" "no i am not" "you are trolling" "no you are
trolling" looks a lot like primary school behaviour.

The first kde4 overlay was done paludis only? Fine. It's free software,
it's an overlay, so anyone was free to do whatever they want. In fact,
someone ported it to Portage, so now everyone can be happy.

So, why catfighting now?

Maybe because people don't want Paludis to become the primary Gentoo
package manager (including myself.)

Now there's a problem here; people who use Paludis think that people who
don't want it to replace Portage are trying to banish it and its
developers from the face of the Earth. They don't realize that there's
a difference between "we don't want Paludis to replace Portage" and "we
want to banish Paludis and its developers from the face of the Earth."

Hence, catfighting. Me, I don't want to banish anyone. All I want is
being able to use Gentoo and emerge *all* packages without being
required to install Paludis. Paludis should be compatible to Portage,
*NOT* the other way around.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
"David Leverton"

2008/9/15 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de>:
> They don't realize that there's a difference between "we don't want Paludis
> to replace Portage" and "we want to banish Paludis and its developers from
> the face of the Earth."

For some value of "we", yes, there is a difference, and you're
entirely welcome to your opinion. But based on his history on the
mailing lists and forums, I'm quite sure that our friend Volker is a
member of the latter category, and he's by no means alone.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Monday 15 September 2008, David Leverton wrote:
> 2008/9/15 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de>:
> > They don't realize that there's a difference between "we don't want
> > Paludis to replace Portage" and "we want to banish Paludis and its
> > developers from the face of the Earth."
>
> For some value of "we", yes, there is a difference, and you're
> entirely welcome to your opinion. But based on his history on the
> mailing lists and forums, I'm quite sure that our friend Volker is a
> member of the latter category, and he's by no means alone.

nope.
I don#t want to destroy paludis.

I just want it to be less of a nuisance.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
David Leverton

On Monday 15 September 2008 17:07:34 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> nope.
> I don#t want to destroy paludis.
>
> I just want it to be less of a nuisance.

You've made it quite clear that you consider the mere existence of Paludis to
be a nuisance, so it works out the same in the end.