Old 09-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Grant Edwards

Default recent update broke meld

After updating, meld no longer works. When started with no
command parameters, it works fine. When started with two file
names this happens:

# meld /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf /etc/ssmtp/._cfg0000_ssmtp.conf
ImportError: could not import bonobo.ui

(meld:7012): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/meld", line 109, in <module>
meldapp.main()
File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 876, in main
tab = app.append_diff(args)
File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 777, in append_diff
return self.append_filediff(paths)
File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 764, in append_filediff
doc.set_files(files)
File "/usr/lib/meld/filediff.py", line 561, in set_files
self.fileentry[i].set_filename(absfile)
AttributeError: '__main__.GnomeFileEntry' object has no attribute 'set_filename'

How does one go about figuring out what needs to be re-emerged
when stuff like this breaks after an update?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Dale

Grant Edwards wrote:

[...]

Did it say anything about doing a emerge @preserved-rebuild after the
updates? May want to try it just in case it slipped by you.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2008-09-15, Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>> After updating, meld no longer works. When started with no
>> command parameters, it works fine. When started with two file
>> names this happens:
>>
>> # meld /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf /etc/ssmtp/._cfg0000_ssmtp.conf
>> ImportError: could not import bonobo.ui
>>
>> (meld:7012): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
>> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/bin/meld", line 109, in <module>
>> meldapp.main()
>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 876, in main
>> tab = app.append_diff(args)
>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 777, in append_diff
>> return self.append_filediff(paths)
>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 764, in append_filediff
>> doc.set_files(files)
>> File "/usr/lib/meld/filediff.py", line 561, in set_files
>> self.fileentry[i].set_filename(absfile)
>> AttributeError: '__main__.GnomeFileEntry' object has no attribute 'set_filename'
>>
>> How does one go about figuring out what needs to be re-emerged
>> when stuff like this breaks after an update?
>
> Did it say anything about doing a emerge @preserved-rebuild after the
> updates?

There's nothing about prserved-rebuild in the portage logs for
the past month or so. I've got three other machines with very
similar configurations, and none of them seem to have had this
problem.

--
Grant

Old 09-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Grant Edwards

On 2008-09-15, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

>>> After updating, meld no longer works. When started with no
>>> command parameters, it works fine. When started with two file
>>> names this happens:
>>>
>>> # meld /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf /etc/ssmtp/._cfg0000_ssmtp.conf
>>> ImportError: could not import bonobo.ui
>>>
>>> (meld:7012): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
>>> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "/usr/bin/meld", line 109, in <module>
>>> meldapp.main()
>>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 876, in main
>>> tab = app.append_diff(args)
>>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 777, in append_diff
>>> return self.append_filediff(paths)
>>> File "/usr/lib/meld/meldapp.py", line 764, in append_filediff
>>> doc.set_files(files)
>>> File "/usr/lib/meld/filediff.py", line 561, in set_files
>>> self.fileentry[i].set_filename(absfile)
>>> AttributeError: '__main__.GnomeFileEntry' object has no attribute 'set_filename'
>>>
>>> How does one go about figuring out what needs to be re-emerged
>>> when stuff like this breaks after an update?
>>
>> Did it say anything about doing a emerge @preserved-rebuild after the
>> updates?
>
> There's nothing about prserved-rebuild in the portage logs for
> the past month or so. I've got three other machines with very
> similar configurations, and none of them seem to have had this
> problem.

I think I may have forgotten to run python-updater on this
machine after Python got updated from 2.4 to 2.5. I'm going to
give that a try (it'll take a while).

--
Grant

Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Dale

[...]

I only mentioned it earlier because I just did my updates and had to run
it. OOo needs to compile naturally. < sighs >

Dale

:-) :-)