Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
"Mike Burger"

Default printer

> hello...
>
> i have a window 98, printer installed on 98 system.i have
> redhat 5 linux client.i waan share my printer for linux clients.
>
> can i do this?

Shared printer on Windows plus Samba on the Linux systems. There is
copious documentation on both available online.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

or send a blank email message to:

site-update-subscribe@bubbanfriends.org

Old 03-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Raj Har

samba have very huge docs.plz tell me were i can get proper docs for my
query.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Baraf Smith

I am running Ubuntu 9.10
I just connected my printer NX 200 Epson.
I am only able to print the page one of the document. I can see the that the job is in progress in the 'view' of the print section.
Can anyone help?

thx

Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Steve

On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:53:33 -0000, Baraf Smith <barafs36@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Ubuntu 9.10
> I just connected my printer NX 200 Epson.
> I am only able to print the page one of the document. I can see the that
> the
> job is in progress in the 'view' of the print section.
> Can anyone help?
> thx
Is that all you did or have you set up the appropriate driver

--
Steve

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 PM
NoOp

On 01/03/2010 01:53 PM, Baraf Smith wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 9.10
> I just connected my printer NX 200 Epson.
> I am only able to print the page one of the document. I can see the that the
> job is in progress in the 'view' of the print section.
> Can anyone help?
> thx

Baraf, did you figure this out or do you still need help?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Reeyarn

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Baraf Smith <barafs36@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 9.10
> I just connected my printer NX 200 Epson.
> I am only able to print the page one of the document. I can see the that the
> job is in progress in the 'view' of the print section.
> Can anyone help?
> thx

Hi Baraf,

You may refer to
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_NX200
if you need to download the printer driver.

Regards,

Reeyarn

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Stephane Guedon

Hi everyone

I am now forced to replace my epson printer.

Anyone think of a printer for which ink is quite cheap (contrary to the epson)
and that allow to have status not only in windows ?

Epson as an utility to have ink status in windows and linux, but I have my
printer on a server and was in hope some could have ink status iin cups ...

So, anyone that have a suggestion is welcome !
--
Stéphane Guedon | www.22decembre.eu

Protegez vos courriers sur internet aussi, utilisez gpg !
http://www.22decembre.eu/2012/02/27/proteger-vos-courriels-avec-gpg/

Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Am Sonntag, 29. April 2012, 21:55:08 schrieb Stephane Guedon:
> Hi everyone
>
> I am now forced to replace my epson printer.
>
> Anyone think of a printer for which ink is quite cheap (contrary to the
> epson) and that allow to have status not only in windows ?
>
> Epson as an utility to have ink status in windows and linux, but I have my
> printer on a server and was in hope some could have ink status iin cups ...
>
> So, anyone that have a suggestion is welcome !

get a colour laser printer.
They are quite cheap. They are usually better supported - and toner does not
dry out.

--
#163933

Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
walt

On 04/29/2012 12:55 PM, Stephane Guedon wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I am now forced to replace my epson printer.
>
> Anyone think of a printer for which ink is quite cheap (contrary to the epson)
> and that allow to have status not only in windows ?
>
> Epson as an utility to have ink status in windows and linux, but I have my
> printer on a server and was in hope some could have ink status iin cups ...
>
> So, anyone that have a suggestion is welcome !

I agree with Volker. The printer costs more but not buying ink cartridges is
like getting out prison You never want to go back again.