Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Michele Schiavo

Default can't boot, "block device is not a valid root device"

you need* in .config kernel file

CONFIG_ATA_PIIX=y

CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y

Il giorno sab, 06/09/2008 alle 22.27 +0200, Tamer Higazi ha scritto:

Hi people,
I have installed the latest gentoo linux distribution and I don't know
what I am missing in my installation, specially the last gentoo
installation worked for me fine.

At booting I recive the error message:

"Block device /dev/sda5 is not a valid root device."

Hard disk is a SATA one, with a Core2Duo machine.

What am I doing wrong?

for any help solving my problem, I would thank you kindly.

Tamer

content of my fstab and grub.conf:
http://rafb.net/p/Z9WNgO61.html

content of lspci: