Old 09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Jan Seeger

Default Gentoo on Centrino 2 -- Have to wait?

Hey list,

I have just received my new notebook, a Dell Latitude E6400. Of course,
I now want to install linux on it. The problem is that the Gentoo
minimal install cd recognizes neither the ethernet nor the wireless cards.

Is the network card in this laptop (an Intel 82567LM Gigabit network
controller) supported in the newest linux kernel or will I have to wait?

If it is supported, how would I go about booting with a newer kernel?

Regards,
Jan Seeger