Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 PM

Default Dealing with MS Access files (.mdb)

I have a file which may or may not have useful info in it (I am trying
to translate US/Canada NPANXX phone numbers into latitude/longitude or
at least city without buying a commercial db). I know almost nothing
of Access otehr than it being some kind of bastardized database. I
guess it runs some form of SQL but I don't even know that.

Does anyone know of a program to convert this .mdb file into something
useful, other than access to Access on a Windows machine? If it truly
is an SQL database, I suppose it would be some kind of dump complete
with table creation , foreign keys, etc. But I can write a script to
deal with that.

Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933

Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

I have a file which may or may not have useful info in it (I am trying
to translate US/Canada NPANXX phone numbers into latitude/longitude or
at least city without buying a commercial db). I know almost nothing
of Access otehr than it being some kind of bastardized database. I
guess it runs some form of SQL but I don't even know that.

Does anyone know of a program to convert this .mdb file into something
useful, other than access to Access on a Windows machine? If it truly
is an SQL database, I suppose it would be some kind of dump complete
with table creation , foreign keys, etc. But I can write a script to
deal with that.

app-office/mdbtools http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/ ??

Regards,

Daniel

Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 PM

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:45:24AM +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:

> app-office/mdbtools http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/ ??

Interesting ... I will have a look tonight. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:42 AM
"W.Kenworthy"

app-office/mdbtools

BillK