Old 09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Michele Schiavo

Default VMBlock warning: DentryOpRevalidate: invalid args from kernel

Someone know what is making this warning in dmesg ?

VMBlock warning: DentryOpRevalidate: invalid args from kernel

Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Xav'

Le Wednesday 03 September 2008 20:14:44 Michele Schiavo, vous avez écrit*:
> Someone know what is making this warning in dmesg ?
>
> VMBlock warning: DentryOpRevalidate: invalid args from kernel

hmmmm without any more information (kernel version, config, etc...), i'm afraid
we cannot help you...

Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Xav'

Le Wednesday 03 September 2008 20:29:10 Xav', vous avez écrit*:
> Le Wednesday 03 September 2008 20:14:44 Michele Schiavo, vous avez écrit*:
> > Someone know what is making this warning in dmesg ?
> >
> > VMBlock warning: DentryOpRevalidate: invalid args from kernel
>
> hmmmm without any more information (kernel version, config, etc...), i'm
> afraid we cannot help you...

So, after little googling, maybe this is because /dev is mounted with noexec
option... I give you some pointer where to start your search :
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/96035

HTH.

Xav'