Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Default YouTube "HD" unusable with Flash 10?

I'm using Flash 10_beta20080811. All high-resolution content on YouTube
gives a "We're sorry, this video is no longer available." error. Can
someone confirm? Here's a high-res video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZd3WU5l38&fmt=18

(Usually, you can just add "&fmt=18" at the end of the URL to get the
high-res, H.264/AVC version of a video, if that video is not older than
1 year.)

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Nicola

Alle marted́ 2 settembre 2008, Nikos Chantziaras ha scritto:
> I'm using Flash 10_beta20080811. All high-resolution content on YouTube
> gives a "We're sorry, this video is no longer available." error. Can
> someone confirm? Here's a high-res video:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZd3WU5l38&fmt=18
>
> (Usually, you can just add "&fmt=18" at the end of the URL to get the
> high-res, H.264/AVC version of a video, if that video is not older than
> 1 year.)

I'am using Flash 9.0.124.0 and no problem with the high-res video you pasted.

Very nice!

Nicola

Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Nicola wrote:

I'm using Flash 10_beta20080811. All high-resolution content on YouTube
gives a "We're sorry, this video is no longer available." error. Can
someone confirm? Here's a high-res video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZd3WU5l38&fmt=18

(Usually, you can just add "&fmt=18" at the end of the URL to get the
high-res, H.264/AVC version of a video, if that video is not older than
1 year.)

I'am using Flash 9.0.124.0 and no problem with the high-res video you pasted.

I know that Flash 9 can play it. I'm just wondering if everyone here
who uses Flash 10 has the same problem.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Sascha Hlusiak

Am Dienstag 02 September 2008 23:16:50 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
> Nicola wrote:
> > Alle marted́ 2 settembre 2008, Nikos Chantziaras ha scritto:
> >> I'm using Flash 10_beta20080811. All high-resolution content on YouTube
> >> gives a "We're sorry, this video is no longer available." error. Can
> >> someone confirm? Here's a high-res video:
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZd3WU5l38&fmt=18
> >>
> >> (Usually, you can just add "&fmt=18" at the end of the URL to get the
> >> high-res, H.264/AVC version of a video, if that video is not older than
> >> 1 year.)
> >
> > I'am using Flash 9.0.124.0 and no problem with the high-res video you
> > pasted.
>
> I know that Flash 9 can play it. I'm just wondering if everyone here
> who uses Flash 10 has the same problem.
It's working fine for me with opera and netscape-flash-10_beta20080811.

- Sascha