-   -   Partition schme question (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/152862-partition-schme-question.html)

Ale 09-02-2008 05:15 PM

Partition schme question

*Hi all! i am running Gentoo in a Dell Inspiron 1420, using XFS as fs for / and /home, ext2 for /boot,* leaving 40 Gb for other things (probably a lvm to run vms).
*I am thinking if i will get better performance* mounting /var/tmp/ and/or /usr/portage in other partition.

Thanks,
Cheers!

Neil Bothwick 09-02-2008 06:44 PM

Partition schme question

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:15:03 -0300, Ale wrote:

> I am thinking if i will get better performance mounting /var/tmp/
> and/or /usr/portage in other partition.

I use ext2 for each of these, as it is the fastest filesystem and
journalling isn't needed for filesystems that contain temporary data.

--
Neil Bothwick

... "I dropped my toothpaste," Tom said, Crestfallen.

Florian Philipp 09-02-2008 07:14 PM

Partition schme question