Old 09-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Default no network device

Hi again
I'm havin troubles with my network card my gentoo doesn't recognize it.
during kernel configuration I haven't installed network drivers because there were no atheros
chipset drivers.
should I download them from the web, load them on a memory drive and install them?
btw the network card is an atheros AR8121/8113/8114 (don't know which of them but windows
has a unique driver for this models).

Thanks in advance

Giacomo

Old 09-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Eric Martin

vetrocemento@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi again
> I'm havin troubles with my network card my gentoo doesn't recognize it.
> during kernel configuration I haven't installed network drivers because there were no atheros
> chipset drivers.
> should I download them from the web, load them on a memory drive and install them?
> btw the network card is an atheros AR8121/8113/8114 (don't know which of them but windows
> has a unique driver for this models).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Giacomo

Is this a wireless card? Some people are saying wireless and others
aren't where I'm looking. I did see something on the Ubuntu forums
saying that the drivers aren't in the mainline kernel yet, and FC people
were saying to load the development kernel. If it's wireless, my bet
would be on madwifi or madwifi-ng. You can also use ndiswrapper no
matter what with the windows ndis driver but I've heard mixed reviews on
that. Have you checked on your vendor's website for a NIX driver?
--
Eric Martin
Key fingerprint = D1C4 086E DBB5 C18E 6FDA B215 6A25 7174 A941 3B9F