-   -   grub.conf (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/152023-grub-conf.html)

09-01-2008 06:24 AM

grub.conf

Hi guys,

I've succesfully installed gentoo on my pc, but when i wrote grub.conf, i've
made a mistake; in the second line, instead of < kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.25-
gentoo-r7 root=/dev/sda3> i wrote < kernel /boot/linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r7
root=/dev/sda3>.
I discovered this when i tried to boot and grub gave me error 15.So i edited
this line while in grub and then pressed 'b' to boot. Everything was ok.
but the changes I made to the grub.conf are not permanent. How can I fix it?
Should I use livecd to reach grub.conf and edit it? if yes, what's the path?

thanks in advance.

Giacomo