Old 08-31-2008, 07:32 PM
"Liviu Andronic"

Default Replacement for FPM

Dear all,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:02 AM, Xavier-Francois Roblot
<xfr@east308.net> wrote:
>> Can someone point me to a viable replacement for it? I need something
>> that can: 1) store passwords (obviously); 2) generate passwords; 3) have
>> launchers as FPM does. The possibility to import FPM passwords would be
>> a nice feature to have to
>
> I am answering to my own email: it looks like revelation
> http://oss.codepoet.no/revelation/ which is available in some overlays
> (like break-my-gentoo-main) meets most of the requirements.

Probably no longer of interest to the initial poster, but I've also
been on the look-out for something similar, so..

There is a port of fpm to GTK+2:
"FPM2 is GTK2 port from Figaro's Password Manager originally developed
by John Conneely, with some new features." [1]

It seems actively maintained, as of July 2008. I've also found an
ebuild [2] for the latter. The port is a pure GTK+2 application, i.e.
there are no Gnome dependencies. Revelation is in Portage, but Gnome
dependent and no longer maintained since 2007.

If anyone knows other candidates, please post here.

Regards,
Liviu

[1] http://als.regnet.cz/fpm2/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/gdbabar/source/browse/branches/overlay/x11-misc/fpm2/?r=827