-   -   How to read an audio cd image (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/150935-how-read-audio-cd-image.html)

"Teng Wang" 08-29-2008 03:45 PM

How to read an audio cd image

Hi there,

I used cdrdao to create an audio cd image, namely image.iso, and the
corresponding toc file, image.iso.toc. I know since audio cd has no
filesystem on it, we cannot mount it as usual. So I want to ask if
there is anyway to play this audio cd image. If you guys know any
reference I can refer to, that will be the best. I also want to know
how libcdio acts on the audio cd image. I tried to use cd-info with -t
option on this image, but it seems not to be the right way to handle
this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Teng

Xav' 08-29-2008 03:52 PM

How to read an audio cd image

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:45:13 -0500, "Teng Wang" <twang.umn@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I used cdrdao to create an audio cd image, namely image.iso, and the
> corresponding toc file, image.iso.toc. I know since audio cd has no
> filesystem on it, we cannot mount it as usual. So I want to ask if
> there is anyway to play this audio cd image. If you guys know any
> reference I can refer to, that will be the best. I also want to know
> how libcdio acts on the audio cd image. I tried to use cd-info with -t
> option on this image, but it seems not to be the right way to handle
> this problem.

Try mplayer image.iso ;)

--
Xavier

"Teng Wang" 08-29-2008 06:40 PM

How to read an audio cd image

Hi,

Thanks. I will try later since my laptop is not beside me. However I
think I did this before but also failed. It looks weird. If this ways
works, we should also can use "mplayer /dev/cdrom" to play audio cd.

Best,

Teng

Neil Bothwick 08-29-2008 08:46 PM

How to read an audio cd image

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:40:26 -0500, Teng Wang wrote:

> Thanks. I will try later since my laptop is not beside me. However I
> think I did this before but also failed. It looks weird. If this ways
> works, we should also can use "mplayer /dev/cdrom" to play audio cd.

It's mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/cdrom cdda://n

where n is the track number and the -cdrom-device argument is unnecessary
if it is /dev/cdrom.

--
Neil Bothwick

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"