Old 08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
John Poelstra

Default Fedora 10 Art Schedule

Hi Art Team,

During the Fedora 9 release a few of you helped me craft a schedule of
art tasks which we published here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-9/f-9-art-tasks.html

For the Fedora 10 release I re-worked the underlying TaskJuggler file to
optimize reporting and the ability to allocate resources in the future.
As a result I've lost some of the dependencies that were built in and
am having a hard time reconnecting them. Also as I look at some of the
tasks I'm wondering if they still apply or not.

I'd love your help reviewing the schedule here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-art-tasks.html

and telling me:

1) Which tasks no longer apply and should be removed
2) New tasks which should be added
3) Existing tasks that are wrong
--please provide the task that comes before and after along with the
correct dates so I can build the right dependency logic.

Thanks,
John

Old 09-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Nicu Buculei

John Poelstra wrote:

For the Fedora 10 release I re-worked the underlying TaskJuggler file to
optimize reporting and the ability to allocate resources in the future.
As a result I've lost some of the dependencies that were built in and
am having a hard time reconnecting them. Also as I look at some of the
tasks I'm wondering if they still apply or not.

I'd love your help reviewing the schedule here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-art-tasks.html

I think you can drop "gnome screensaver lock dialog" or at least move
it at he bottom, next to the gnome splash screen, as those graphics may
not be created at all (they are not used by default and without an
obvious way to display them).

"bootup/loading graphics (plymouth?)" is blocked by lack of
documentation about Plymouth.

"Package Artwork for Beta ???" won't make it, we won't have Round 3 (so
a final theme selected) in due time for Beta freeze.

We should add somewhere (not sure where, when and how) a decision window
about the default icon theme: we have to decide if we go with Echo or
stay with Mist. See this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-August/msg00328.html

Old 09-06-2008, 03:33 AM
John Poelstra

Nicu Buculei wrote:
We should add somewhere (not sure where, when and how) a decision window
about the default icon theme: we have to decide if we go with Echo or
stay with Mist. See this:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-August/msg00328.html

Has a final date been picked to decide the final theme? If so, what is it?

Thanks,
john

Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
"Nicu Buculei"

John Poelstra wrote:

> Has a final date been picked to decide the final theme? If so, what is
> it?

I believe Mo mentioned 21 September as the final date, but don't listen to
me, I am at FUDCon with too much Czech beer...

Old 09-09-2008, 04:53 AM
John Poelstra

Has a final date been picked to decide the final theme? If so, what is
it?

I believe Mo mentioned 21 September as the final date, but don't listen to
me, I am at FUDCon with too much Czech beer...

Update schedule is here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-art-tasks.html

Let me know if anything else needs fixing.

John