FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Craig White wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 00:45 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

david walcroft wrote:
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum clean all
> Cleaning up Everything
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum install system-config-printer
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
> baseurl=ftp://reddwarf:4skin46@premium.planetmirror.com <mailto:skin46@premium.planetmirror.com>/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/
>
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -

> failovermethod=priority
> http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/core/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> updates-released 26 kB
> 00:00
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for updates-released: Damaged
> repomd.xml file
> Trying other mirror.
> updates-released 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386 <http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386>
>
> base 100% |=========================| 4.3 kB 00:00

> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for base: Damaged repomd.xml file
> Trying other mirror.
> base 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> No package system-config-printer available.

This is a problem. If you cannot find it, there is something wrong with
your fedora repo configuration. In fact, it hasn't been called "base"
for a while now. It should be called "fedora".


----
good catch...his URL for 'updates-released' (which should be fedora)
points to an ftp with a login and password and it doesn't work.


another URL for updates uses 'core' which clearly won't work.

his URL for 'base' is clearly from an old Fedora because the folder is
now called 'Packages' and not 'Fedora'


OK David...here's what you do. (you can probably just paste this all
into a terminal)


su - # get root
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
mkdir old-repos
mv fedora* old-repos
rpm -ivh --replacepkgs
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-8-3.noarch.rpm
yum update
yum install system-config-printer

This should get your repos back in order (whatever you did to the
configuration I don't know)


Craig

Running Transaction
Installing: atlas ####################### [ 1/11]
Installing: numpy ####################### [ 2/11]
Updating : inkscape ####################### [ 3/11]
Updating : cups-pdf ####################### [ 4/11]
libsepol.permission_copy_callback: Module cups_pdf depends on permission
dccp_recv in class node, not satisfied

libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
semodule: Failed!
Updating : fedora-release ####################### [ 5/11]
Installing: blas ####################### [ 6/11]
Updating : system-config-rootpassword ####################### [ 7/11]
Error unpacking rpm package system-config-rootpassword - 1.1.10-4.fc8.noarch
error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/etc/security/console.apps/system-config-rootpassword;47646891: cpio: open

Cleanup : cups-pdf ####################### [ 8/11]
Cleanup : fedora-release ####################### [ 9/11]
Cleanup : inkscape ####################### [10/11]

Dependency Installed: atlas.i386 0:3.6.0-12.fc8 blas.i386 0:3.1.1-2.fc8
numpy.i386 0:1.0.3.1-1.fc8
Updated: cups-pdf.i386 0:2.4.6-6.fc8 fedora-release.noarch 0:8-5
inkscape.i386 0:0.45.1-4.fc8 system-config-rootpassword.noarch
0:1.1.10-4.fc8

Complete!
[root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]#

My repo.d is a hangover since about FC2/FC3,with bits and pieces such as
'local-*'


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:06 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 14:48 +1000, david walcroft wrote:


Craig White wrote:


On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 12:21 +1000, david walcroft wrote:



Craig White wrote:



On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:05 +1000, david walcroft wrote:




Craig White wrote:




On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 09:28 +1000, david walcroft wrote:











I forgot to answer did I use --nodeps,no I didn't mainly because I did
know it was necessary.





----
It shouldn't ever be necessary to use --nodeps

That's how you broke things in the first place.

If cups service is started (and didn't quit), you should be able to
use...

Administration => Printing

and set up your printer now

make sure it can print a test page from that configuration tool before
you try printing with any other program

Craig






I don't have an 'Administration => Printing' in KDE,I'm into
'localhost:631'




----
yum install system-config-printer
----




but am having problems now with password
and username,cups won't accept anything.




----
root and root's password

Craig





[root@reddwarf ~]# sudo rpm -qa | grep printer
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8.i386
[root@reddwarf ~]#


yum install system-config-printer

No package system-config-printer available.
Nothing to do.



----
can't possibly be true...

# rpm -qa|grep system-config-printer
system-config-printer-0.7.74.4-3.fc8
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8

try...

yum clean all
yum install system-config-printer
----



Root and Roots password do no work.



----
I presume this in reference to logging into cups via firefox and
connecting to

http://localhost:631

root and root's password always work

Craig




[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum clean all
Cleaning up Everything
[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum install system-config-printer
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
baseurl=ftp://reddwarf:4skin46@premium.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
failovermethod=priority
http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/core/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Trying other mirror.
updates-released 26 kB 00:00
http://planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for updates-released: Damaged
repomd.xml file

Trying other mirror.
updates-released 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386

base 100% |=========================| 4.3 kB 00:00
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for base: Damaged repomd.xml file

Trying other mirror.
base 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package system-config-printer available.
Nothing to do
[david@reddwarf ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@reddwarf ~]# rpm -qa|grep system-config-printer
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8.i386
[root@reddwarf ~]#


I still cannot get root acess into cups:631 via firefox.

david


Getting access to localhost:631 has nothing to do with having
system-config-printer install led. There is something wrong with you
repos in that you can't install system-config-printer.

Is there a localhost defined in your /etc/hosts file and is cupsd
running is what is essential. Previously you did not have cupsd running.
ps aux |grep cupsd. Does it show cupsd running. We are discussing two
different ways to install printers as if they are the same. They are
not.
--
================================================== =====================
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb? Let's see, can
you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net



Sorry I sent full root grep, this is the users.

[david@reddwarf yum.repos.d]$ ps aux |grep cupsd
david 3423 0.0 0.0 4044 680 pts/1 S+ 10:04 0:00 grep cupsd
root 26999 0.0 0.2 9968 3016 ? Ss Dec15 0:01 cupsd
[david@reddwarf yum.repos.d]$

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Timothy Murphy wrote:

david walcroft wrote:



I only have a "Administration' => 'Printing' in "KDE --> settings -->
printers "
and it only sets up a fax system,if I go to "kDE control--> center -->
peripherals--> printers"
wont work because it cannot access "localhost:631.
I hope this answer helps you as I find it difficult to follow all the
postings.



It's amazing to me that this apparently endless thread
seems to be entirely due to the fact that
YOU DO NOT HAVE cupsd RUNNING.

If you did, you would see the CUPS web-page
if you gave entered http://localhost:631 in your browser.




I do have cupsd running as shown previously.


My present problem is getting it to accetp the root password

david

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Craig White
 
Default Cups problem

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 09:48 +1000, david walcroft wrote:

> My repo's are in 'local-updates local-extras local-base,
> but yum does updates with no problem
----
except of course, that which is a problem. Every problem you have with
packaging has to be caused by the below.
----
>
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
> atrpms-bleeding.repo fedora-extras-devel.repo
> jpackage-fedora.repo local-extra-devel
> atrpms.repo Fedora-install-media.repo
> jpackage-generic.repo local-extras
> atrpms-stable.repo fedora.repo
> jpackage.repo local-updates
> atrpms-testing.repo fedora.repo.rpmnew
> kde-redhat.repo local-updates-testing
> city-fan.org.repo fedora-updates.repo
> kde-redhat-stable-all.repo Macromedia
> crontab fedora-updates.repo.rpmnew
> kde-redhat-stable.repo mirrors-rpmforge
> dag.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo
> livna-devel.repo newrpms.repo
> dries.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo.rpmnew
> livna-devel.repo.rpmorig nrpms.repo
> fedora-core.repo.rpmnew fedora.us-extras
> livna.repo nr.repo
> fedora-core.repo.rpmsave freshrpms.repo
> livna.repo.rpmorig rpmforge.repo
> fedora-development.repo freshrpms.repo.rpmnew
> livna.repo.rpmsave yjl.repo
> fedora-devel.repo gstreamer-deps.repo
> livna-testing.repo
> fedora-extra-devel.repo gstreamer.repo local-base
> fedora-extra.repo home.repo local-devel
>
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ I know it needs a big clean up.
----
were you expecting things to just clear up by themselves while you make
a complete nightmare of things?

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Craig White
 
Default Cups problem

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 10:00 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Craig White wrote:

> > ----
> > good catch...his URL for 'updates-released' (which should be fedora)
> > points to an ftp with a login and password and it doesn't work.
> >
> > another URL for updates uses 'core' which clearly won't work.
> >
> > his URL for 'base' is clearly from an old Fedora because the folder is
> > now called 'Packages' and not 'Fedora'
> >
> > OK David...here's what you do. (you can probably just paste this all
> > into a terminal)
> >
> > su - # get root
> > cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
> > mkdir old-repos
> > mv fedora* old-repos
> > rpm -ivh --replacepkgs
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-8-3.noarch.rpm
> > yum update
> > yum install system-config-printer
> >
> > This should get your repos back in order (whatever you did to the
> > configuration I don't know)
> >
> > Craig
> Running Transaction
> Installing: atlas ####################### [ 1/11]
> Installing: numpy ####################### [ 2/11]
> Updating : inkscape ####################### [ 3/11]
> Updating : cups-pdf ####################### [ 4/11]
> libsepol.permission_copy_callback: Module cups_pdf depends on permission
> dccp_recv in class node, not satisfied
> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
> semodule: Failed!
> Updating : fedora-release ####################### [ 5/11]
> Installing: blas ####################### [ 6/11]
> Updating : system-config-rootpassword ####################### [ 7/11]
> Error unpacking rpm package system-config-rootpassword - 1.1.10-4.fc8.noarch
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /etc/security/console.apps/system-config-rootpassword;47646891: cpio: open
> Cleanup : cups-pdf ####################### [ 8/11]
> Cleanup : fedora-release ####################### [ 9/11]
> Cleanup : inkscape ####################### [10/11]
>
> Dependency Installed: atlas.i386 0:3.6.0-12.fc8 blas.i386 0:3.1.1-2.fc8
> numpy.i386 0:1.0.3.1-1.fc8
> Updated: cups-pdf.i386 0:2.4.6-6.fc8 fedora-release.noarch 0:8-5
> inkscape.i386 0:0.45.1-4.fc8 system-config-rootpassword.noarch
> 0:1.1.10-4.fc8
> Complete!
> [root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]#
>
> My repo.d is a hangover since about FC2/FC3,with bits and pieces such as
> 'local-*'
----
clean up your 'repos' folder
set SELINUX to permissive and reboot

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Craig White wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 00:45 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

david walcroft wrote:
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum clean all
> Cleaning up Everything
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum install system-config-printer
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
> baseurl=ftp://reddwarf:4skin46@premium.planetmirror.com <mailto:skin46@premium.planetmirror.com>/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/
>
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -

> failovermethod=priority
> http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/core/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> updates-released 26 kB
> 00:00
> http://planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for updates-released: Damaged
> repomd.xml file
> Trying other mirror.
> updates-released 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
> YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
> mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386 <http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386>
>
> base 100% |=========================| 4.3 kB 00:00

> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for base: Damaged repomd.xml file
> Trying other mirror.
> base 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
> primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> No package system-config-printer available.

This is a problem. If you cannot find it, there is something wrong with
your fedora repo configuration. In fact, it hasn't been called "base"
for a while now. It should be called "fedora".


----
good catch...his URL for 'updates-released' (which should be fedora)
points to an ftp with a login and password and it doesn't work.


another URL for updates uses 'core' which clearly won't work.

his URL for 'base' is clearly from an old Fedora because the folder is
now called 'Packages' and not 'Fedora'


OK David...here's what you do. (you can probably just paste this all
into a terminal)


su - # get root
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
mkdir old-repos
mv fedora* old-repos
rpm -ivh --replacepkgs
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-8-3.noarch.rpm
yum update
yum install system-config-printer

This should get your repos back in order (whatever you did to the
configuration I don't know)


Craig
Craig I do appreciate what you are doing for me ,as I suffer with
Bipolar disorder I tend to stress out

and can miss things through loss of concentration.

Thanks david

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 14:48 +1000, david walcroft wrote:


Craig White wrote:


On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 12:21 +1000, david walcroft wrote:



Craig White wrote:



On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:05 +1000, david walcroft wrote:




Craig White wrote:




On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 09:28 +1000, david walcroft wrote:











I forgot to answer did I use --nodeps,no I didn't mainly because I did
know it was necessary.





----
It shouldn't ever be necessary to use --nodeps

That's how you broke things in the first place.

If cups service is started (and didn't quit), you should be able to
use...

Administration => Printing

and set up your printer now

make sure it can print a test page from that configuration tool before
you try printing with any other program

Craig






I don't have an 'Administration => Printing' in KDE,I'm into
'localhost:631'




----
yum install system-config-printer
----




but am having problems now with password
and username,cups won't accept anything.




----
root and root's password

Craig





[root@reddwarf ~]# sudo rpm -qa | grep printer
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8.i386
[root@reddwarf ~]#


yum install system-config-printer

No package system-config-printer available.
Nothing to do.



----
can't possibly be true...

# rpm -qa|grep system-config-printer
system-config-printer-0.7.74.4-3.fc8
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8

try...

yum clean all
yum install system-config-printer
----



Root and Roots password do no work.



----
I presume this in reference to logging into cups via firefox and
connecting to

http://localhost:631

root and root's password always work

Craig




[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum clean all
Cleaning up Everything
[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo yum install system-config-printer
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
baseurl=ftp://reddwarf:4skin46@premium.planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
failovermethod=priority
http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/core/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Trying other mirror.
updates-released 26 kB 00:00
http://planetmirror.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for updates-released: Damaged
repomd.xml file

Trying other mirror.
updates-released 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
YumRepo Warning: not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping -
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386

base 100% |=========================| 4.3 kB 00:00
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Fedora/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for base: Damaged repomd.xml file

Trying other mirror.
base 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB 00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 914 kB 00:01
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package system-config-printer available.
Nothing to do
[david@reddwarf ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@reddwarf ~]# rpm -qa|grep system-config-printer
system-config-printer-libs-0.7.74.4-3.fc8.i386
[root@reddwarf ~]#


I still cannot get root acess into cups:631 via firefox.

david


Getting access to localhost:631 has nothing to do with having
system-config-printer install led. There is something wrong with you
repos in that you can't install system-config-printer.

Is there a localhost defined in your /etc/hosts file and is cupsd
running is what is essential. Previously you did not have cupsd running.
ps aux |grep cupsd. Does it show cupsd running. We are discussing two
different ways to install printers as if they are the same. They are
not.
--
================================================== =====================
How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb? Let's see, can
you use a shell script for that or does it need a C program?
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net



[root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]# ps aux |grep cupsd
root 3384 0.0 0.0 4044 680 pts/1 S+ 10:01 0:00 grep cupsd
root 26999 0.0 0.2 9968 3016 ? Ss Dec15 0:01 cupsd
[root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]#

[david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo vim /etc/hosts
[david@reddwarf ~]

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
localhost


192.168.0.1 reddwarf.localdomain 192.168.0.1
#

I used vim just in case I had set up wrong

Thanks for helping me Tim it's much appreciated.

david


--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:47 PM
david walcroft
 
Default Cups problem

Craig White wrote:

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 09:48 +1000, david walcroft wrote:



My repo's are in 'local-updates local-extras local-base,
but yum does updates with no problem


----
except of course, that which is a problem. Every problem you have with
packaging has to be caused by the below.
----


[david@reddwarf ~]$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
atrpms-bleeding.repo fedora-extras-devel.repo
jpackage-fedora.repo local-extra-devel
atrpms.repo Fedora-install-media.repo
jpackage-generic.repo local-extras
atrpms-stable.repo fedora.repo
jpackage.repo local-updates
atrpms-testing.repo fedora.repo.rpmnew
kde-redhat.repo local-updates-testing
city-fan.org.repo fedora-updates.repo
kde-redhat-stable-all.repo Macromedia
crontab fedora-updates.repo.rpmnew
kde-redhat-stable.repo mirrors-rpmforge
dag.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo
livna-devel.repo newrpms.repo
dries.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo.rpmnew
livna-devel.repo.rpmorig nrpms.repo
fedora-core.repo.rpmnew fedora.us-extras
livna.repo nr.repo
fedora-core.repo.rpmsave freshrpms.repo
livna.repo.rpmorig rpmforge.repo
fedora-development.repo freshrpms.repo.rpmnew
livna.repo.rpmsave yjl.repo
fedora-devel.repo gstreamer-deps.repo
livna-testing.repo

fedora-extra-devel.repo gstreamer.repo local-base
fedora-extra.repo home.repo local-devel

[david@reddwarf ~]$ I know it needs a big clean up.


----
were you expecting things to just clear up by themselves while you make
a complete nightmare of things?

Craig


No I not expecting things happen automatically but I dont have the
confidence

to hack into files and make the mess worse than it already is.

david

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Craig White
 
Default Cups problem

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 10:34 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >
> [root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]# ps aux |grep cupsd
> root 3384 0.0 0.0 4044 680 pts/1 S+ 10:01 0:00 grep cupsd
> root 26999 0.0 0.2 9968 3016 ? Ss Dec15 0:01 cupsd
> [root@reddwarf yum.repos.d]#
>
> [david@reddwarf ~]$ sudo vim /etc/hosts
> [david@reddwarf ~]
>
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
> localhost
>
> 192.168.0.1 reddwarf.localdomain 192.168.0.1
> #
>
> I used vim just in case I had set up wrong
>
> Thanks for helping me Tim it's much appreciated.
----
looks good...leave it there (assuming localhost line is on the same line
with 127.0.0.1 and it's just a mail wrap thing).

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Craig White
 
Default Cups problem

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 10:47 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 09:48 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> >
> >
> >> My repo's are in 'local-updates local-extras local-base,
> >> but yum does updates with no problem
> >>
> > ----
> > except of course, that which is a problem. Every problem you have with
> > packaging has to be caused by the below.
> > ----
> >
> >> [david@reddwarf ~]$ ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
> >> atrpms-bleeding.repo fedora-extras-devel.repo
> >> jpackage-fedora.repo local-extra-devel
> >> atrpms.repo Fedora-install-media.repo
> >> jpackage-generic.repo local-extras
> >> atrpms-stable.repo fedora.repo
> >> jpackage.repo local-updates
> >> atrpms-testing.repo fedora.repo.rpmnew
> >> kde-redhat.repo local-updates-testing
> >> city-fan.org.repo fedora-updates.repo
> >> kde-redhat-stable-all.repo Macromedia
> >> crontab fedora-updates.repo.rpmnew
> >> kde-redhat-stable.repo mirrors-rpmforge
> >> dag.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo
> >> livna-devel.repo newrpms.repo
> >> dries.repo fedora-updates-testing.repo.rpmnew
> >> livna-devel.repo.rpmorig nrpms.repo
> >> fedora-core.repo.rpmnew fedora.us-extras
> >> livna.repo nr.repo
> >> fedora-core.repo.rpmsave freshrpms.repo
> >> livna.repo.rpmorig rpmforge.repo
> >> fedora-development.repo freshrpms.repo.rpmnew
> >> livna.repo.rpmsave yjl.repo
> >> fedora-devel.repo gstreamer-deps.repo
> >> livna-testing.repo
> >> fedora-extra-devel.repo gstreamer.repo local-base
> >> fedora-extra.repo home.repo local-devel
> >>
> >> [david@reddwarf ~]$ I know it needs a big clean up.
> >>
> > ----
> > were you expecting things to just clear up by themselves while you make
> > a complete nightmare of things?
> >
> > Craig
> >
> >
> No I not expecting things happen automatically but I dont have the
> confidence
> to hack into files and make the mess worse than it already is.
----
OK, try this...(you need root so simply 'su -')

this is supplied so you could simply paste this all after you su to root
per above

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
mkdir NOT-USED
mv * NOT-USED # clear out all repos for the moment
mv NOT-USED/fedora-development.repo.rpmsave fedora-development.repo
mv NOT-USED/fedora-updates-testing.repo.rpmsave
fedora-updates-testing.repo
mv NOT-USED/fedora-updates.repo.rpmsave fedora-updates.repo
mv NOT-USED/fedora.repo.rpmsave fedora.repo

mv NOT-USED/livna.repo.rpmsave livna.repo
mv NOT-USED/livna-testing.repo .
mv NOT-USED/livna-devel.repo .

# at this point, you should be able to yum update without much issue and
I am presuming that the latest installs of fedora-release and
livna-release put their repo files rpmsave because the originals were
tainted.

The rest of the repos you can add by mv the files back but only do 1 or
2 at a time so you will see if any have problems.

Myself, I would probably move the rpmforge.repo back but it might be an
issue depending upon how old it is. Possibly kde-redhat stuff (may be
old), maybe jpackage...again, it could be old and broken

Craig

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org