Old 12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
"Alexander Skwar"

Default Emerging virtual/editor installs nano - why?

On Dec 7, 2007 4:37 PM, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@zlin.dk> wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 16:21:31 Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > So the expectation should be, that it's not going to be possible
> > to preselect an mta the way I've shown, as soon as virtual/mta
> > is converted to a new style virtual.
> >
> > Is that right? Is there work going on to change all the old
> > style virtuals to new style ones?
>
> You are right except for the fact that virtual/mta will not be converted any
> time soon (if ever). Old style virtuals allow their providers to block all
> other providers by blocking the virtual. This isn't possible with the current
> format for new style virtuals so it isn't going to happen. editor didn't need
> that feature and thus could easily be converted...

Ah, okay. Pretty bad situation, though, isn't it? I mean,
with the way it is now, we've got some virtuals which
work with virtuals and some, which don't. Do you happen
to know, if there's a bug which should rectify this
broken situation?

Alexander
����z�����&j)b� b�

Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Bo rsted Andresen

On Friday 07 December 2007 18:58:57 Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > You are right except for the fact that virtual/mta will not be converted
> > any time soon (if ever). Old style virtuals allow their providers to
> > block all other providers by blocking the virtual. This isn't possible
> > with the current format for new style virtuals so it isn't going to
> > happen. editor didn't need that feature and thus could easily be
> > converted...
>
> Ah, okay. Pretty bad situation, though, isn't it? I mean,
> with the way it is now, we've got some virtuals which
> work with virtuals and some, which don't. Do you happen
> to know, if there's a bug which should rectify this
> broken situation?

If by 'broken' you mean 'inconsistent' then I can assure you that there are
plenty of much more important bugs open... But I guess bug #148251 should
be of interest in reference to virtual/mta. Personally I happen to hate old
style virtuals and want them dead asap. As you can see on the bug there's not
much indicating that'll happen anytime soon though..

--
Bo Andresen