Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Alan

Default PHP 5 masked notice (was: Gentoo on the server side)

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 11:58:46PM +0100, Jil Larner wrote:
> > I had to do the same thing with the mysql upgrade from 3.x to 4.x. My
> > apache upgrade, I just had to redo the configs by hand. php4 to php5
> > might be a bit more tricky. Currently that's the reason I have php5
> > masked...
>
> PHP 4 won't be maintained after 8/8/8 (August, 8 2008) and so should be
> of php 5.0 and 5.1. Just to warn those who don't know (I believe you do
> know ).

Actually I hadn't seen that, thanks for the notice. I'm pretty sure
I'll have things all upgraded by then though (I hope!)

--
Alan <alan@ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net

Old 12-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Billy Holmes

Quoting Alan <alan@ufies.org>:

PHP 4 won't be maintained after 8/8/8 (August, 8 2008) and so should be
of php 5.0 and 5.1. Just to warn those who don't know (I believe you do
know ).

Actually I hadn't seen that, thanks for the notice. I'm pretty sure
I'll have things all upgraded by then though (I hope!)

but then you'll have to upgrade for the pending y2k38 problem!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem