Old 12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Tom Brown

Default unlink ACCESS VIOLATIONs

Hi,

I think I've got my gentoo installation all effed up. I went a few weeks
without doing a --sync followed by a emerge -uD world. On top of that I,
I installed my own version of Python 2.5.1 from the source tarball off
of python.org. Now, after a --sync, when I do an emerge -uD world I will
see ACCESS DENIED errors when unlink is called on *.pyc files. An
example summary is given below. I searched the forums for similiar
problems. Solutions that worked for other people involved re-emerging
particular packages. I tried that and it didn't work for me. Can I fix
this mess? Or is my system fubar? Any ideas?

Why is unlink getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I run emerge as sudo?

Thanks,
Tom

>>> Source compiled.
--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
---------------------------
LOG FILE =
"/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-gnome-base_-_gnome-desktop-2.20.1-27301.log"

unlink: /usr/share/xml2po/docbook.pyc

Old 12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Zac Medico

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

usage() {
echo "usage: ${0##*/} [directory]..."
}

hasq() {
[[ " ${*:2} " == *" $1 "* ]]
}

if hasq --help $* || hasq -h $* ; then
usage "$@"
exit 0
fi

for d in "$@" ; do
if [ ! -d "${d}" ] ; then
usage "$@" &>2
exit 1
fi
find "${d}" -name "*.py[co]" | xargs -r rm -f
for x in "" "-O" ; do
python ${x} -c "import compileall; compileall.compile_dir('${d}', quiet=True)"
done
done

Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Tom Brown

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 08:23 -0800, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've got my gentoo installation all effed up. I went a few weeks
> without doing a --sync followed by a emerge -uD world. On top of that I,
> I installed my own version of Python 2.5.1 from the source tarball off
> of python.org. Now, after a --sync, when I do an emerge -uD world I will
> see ACCESS DENIED errors when unlink is called on *.pyc files. An
> example summary is given below. I searched the forums for similiar
> problems. Solutions that worked for other people involved re-emerging
> particular packages. I tried that and it didn't work for me. Can I fix
> this mess? Or is my system fubar? Any ideas?
>
> Why is unlink getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I run emerge as sudo?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

> --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
> ---------------------------
> LOG FILE =
> "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-gnome-base_-_gnome-desktop-2.20.1-27301.log"
>
> unlink: /usr/share/xml2po/docbook.pyc

I seem to have gotten past the unlink issue. I modified the first line
of emerge from:

#!/usr/bin/python -O

to:

#!/usr/local/bin/python -O

This seems to be solution even though I had symlinks
from /usr/bin/python -> /usr/local/bin/python. The emerge -uD is working
nicely now. It is on packet 5 of 8. Where, before, it would fail on the
first package.

-Tom