Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
James

Default Apache loading mod_php?

Hello,

How do you test apache (2.2.6) to see which modules
(in particular php) are loaded?

James

Old 12-05-2007, 07:52 PM

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 05:29:40PM +0000, James wrote:

> How do you test apache (2.2.6) to see which modules
> (in particular php) are loaded?

You can do it from the command line --

apache2 -t -D DUMP_MODULES

See

apache2 -h

for other options.

You can also do it from the web interface.

You want one or the other or both of these modules -- look in
/etc/apache/httpd.conf.

LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so

Look in /etc/apache/modules.d/00_mod_info.conf for SetHandler
configuration.

Finally access something like

http://127.0.0.1/server-status

where the final component matches the SetHandler configuration.

Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933

Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 PM

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 12:52:23PM -0800, felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 05:29:40PM +0000, James wrote:
>
> > How do you test apache (2.2.6) to see which modules
> > (in particular php) are loaded?
>
> You can do it from the command line --
>
> apache2 -t -D DUMP_MODULES

Hmm, they've changed things and I didn't read enough. A simpler
version is

apache2 -M

Old 12-06-2007, 01:10 AM
James

<felix <at> crowfix.com> writes:

> > > How do you test apache (2.2.6) to see which modules
> > > (in particular php) are loaded?

> apache2 -M

Yep that works!

However I do not see php?

Any ideas? (note, I'm not very swift at web administration....
and the recent changes make trying to use wikis a very challenging task.

Here what I get:

Loaded Modules:
core_module (static)
mpm_prefork_module (static)
http_module (static)
so_module (static)
actions_module (shared)
alias_module (shared)
auth_basic_module (shared)
auth_digest_module (shared)
authn_anon_module (shared)
authn_dbd_module (shared)
authn_dbm_module (shared)
authn_default_module (shared)
authn_file_module (shared)
authz_dbm_module (shared)
authz_default_module (shared)
authz_groupfile_module (shared)
authz_host_module (shared)
authz_owner_module (shared)
authz_user_module (shared)
autoindex_module (shared)
cgi_module (shared)
dbd_module (shared)
deflate_module (shared)
dir_module (shared)
env_module (shared)
expires_module (shared)
ext_filter_module (shared)
filter_module (shared)
headers_module (shared)
ident_module (shared)
imagemap_module (shared)
include_module (shared)
log_config_module (shared)
logio_module (shared)
mime_module (shared)
mime_magic_module (shared)
negotiation_module (shared)
rewrite_module (shared)
setenvif_module (shared)
speling_module (shared)
unique_id_module (shared)
usertrack_module (shared)
vhost_alias_module (shared)
Syntax OK

php missing? Does it show up as a module?

Any good wikis or docs on Apache 2.2.6 on Gentoo would be welcome.

I have some dirs that are symlinked into apache, and they are not
showing up. Where (in 2.2.6) do you configure apache to follow symlinks?

James

Old 12-06-2007, 03:47 AM
"Jason Carson"

Here is my apache2 -M and PHP doesn't show up but it still works fine. Do
you have "-D PHP5" in /etc/conf.d/apache2? ...

Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM
James

Jason Carson <jay <at> canuckster.org> writes:

> Here is my apache2 -M and PHP doesn't show up but it still works fine. Do
> you have "-D PHP5" in /etc/conf.d/apache2? ...

APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D MANUAL -D SSL -D
SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -D SUEXEC -D PHP5"

(yes)

> Loaded Modules:

Are identical.....

Apache is up, I can get to the default pages.

I how have a simple php page working....
I'll figure out why the php pages are not working across
a symlink.....

-- thanks to all....

James

Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 PM
kashani

James wrote:

I how have a simple php page working....
I'll figure out why the php pages are not working across
a symlink.....

In you vhost config file you probably have something like this

<Directory "/var/www/www.badapple.net/htdocs">
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

FollowSymLinks is probably off by default. This is a bit of a gotcha
because rewrite rules don't work when it's turn off either.

kashani

Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM
James

kashani <kashani-list <at> badapple.net> writes:

> > I'll figure out why the php pages are not working across
> > a symlink.....

> In you vhost config file you probably have something like this

> <Directory "/var/www/www.badapple.net/htdocs">
> Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> AllowOverride All
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>

> FollowSymLinks is probably off by default. This is a bit of a gotcha
> because rewrite rules don't work when it's turn off either.

Hmmmm,

This is a web server for internal purposes only....
In this file
I have this:

DocumentRoot "/var/www/localhost/htdocs"
<Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

So how do I get symlinks to work?

James

James

Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
kashani

James wrote:

Hmmmm,

This is a web server for internal purposes only....
In this file
I have this:

DocumentRoot "/var/www/localhost/htdocs"
<Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

So how do I get symlinks to work?

That's all I have in mine. Are the logs files spitting anything
interesting out? I'd try testing a normal html file first and then
trying PHP incase you're running into open base dir issues.

kashani