Old 07-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Norman Hakim

Default Mounting usb problem

Hi all,

I have problem regarding mounting my usb thumbdrive. I have tried to add this line to /etc/fstab:

echo "/dev/usb /mnt/usb auto noauto,rw,user" >>/etc/fstab

After i mount it:
mount /dev/usb

It shows there is no mount point for /dev/usb

I wonder is it this is the correct line that i should put into /etc/fstab?

Or should i post the output of dmesg here?

Regards,
Norman

Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM
Norman Hakim

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA

> I have problem regarding mounting my usb thumbdrive. I have
> tried to add this line to /etc/fstab:
>
> echo "/dev/usb /mnt/usb auto noauto,rw,user"
> >>/etc/fstab
>
> After i mount it:
> mount /dev/usb
>
> It shows there is no mount point for /dev/usb
>
> I wonder is it this is the correct line that i should put
> into /etc/fstab?
>
> Or should i post the output of dmesg here?
>

> Regards,
> Norman
>

> --
This is the output:

usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: sda1
sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda
usb-storage: device scan complete
sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0

Regards,
Norman