Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Thufir

Default bonobo, nautilus and mplayer

I've only done the most cursory search on the following error:

Nautilus can't be used now,
due to an unexpected error.

Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected
error from Bonobo when attempting to locate the
factor.Killing bonobo-activation-server and
restarting Nautilus may help fix the problem.

But I did want to throw it out there. Ever since installing mplayer I'll
sometimes get screen freezes in GNOME after using mplayer. I did
eventually get the above error, and, as suggested, killing bonobo-
activation-server and restarting Nautilus (I logged out) seems have fixed
this instance of this annoyance.

In Windows there's the event viewer, I haven't found a similar thing in
Linux. I looked in .nautilus but didn't see an error log to shed more
light on this.

-Thufir