Old 12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Pongracz Istvan

Default Qusetion: amd64 + apache2 + mod_extract_forwarded

Hi,

I have a webserver with a lighttpd proxy and apache2 behind the proxy.

My problem is, in my apache2 log the client IP address is always the
proxy's IP.

I would like to see in my logs the client's real IP, instead of the
proxy's IP.
Just for fun, the proxy and the apache are on two different machines.
lighttpd's IP is 192.168.10.5
apache's IP is 192.168.10.14

I found that, there is an apache stuff, called mod_extract_forwarded,
which is not part of the gentoo's repository (or I only missed
something).

I would like to ask some hints, how to see the real IP forwarded by
lighttpd in my apache's log?

Or, how to install mod_extract_forwarded to apache?

Any solution are welcome

Regards,
István