-   -   emerging meta packages and it's DEPENDS (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/127209-emerging-meta-packages-its-depends.html)

Alan McKinnon 07-18-2008 03:36 PM

emerging meta packages and it's DEPENDS

Hi,

emerge <package> will remerge <package> regardless of it's state. Is
there a way to tell portage to do that for a package's DEPENDS as well?

I have 6 ebuilds I maintain myself, all are CVS checkout builds
with -9999 version numbers, call them packageA, packageB ... packageF.
To make my life easier I have a -meta package that DEPENDS on all 6 and
I would like to simply emerge the -meta package and have that cause the
direct DEPENDS to also be built everytime. Currently as they always
have a -9999 version number, this does not happen.

Does portage support what I want to do?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com