Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default 2.6.26, rtc problem

Hi!

After upgrading to 2.6.26 I have got a problem with starting hwclock
service - it doesn't find /dev/rtc. I have tried to add rtc_cmos
to /conf.d/modules, but the module loads after the service starting.

So, questions are:

1. How to force the module loading be before the service starting?

2. How to determine which concrete module is most appropriate to my hardware
(there are plenty of rtc_xyz modules)?

Andrew