Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default playing audio discs

I am a novice with respect to sound.

Nearly everything works.
totem plays CDs
system sounds are OK

The trouble is that the cd player, gnome-cd part of gnome-media,
says there is no disc in the drive (there is only one drive).

I don't have many USE flags (in particular ogg, wavpack, and vorbis)
since I don't really know what thes formats are. Since this is a
regular CD, I looked for a wav use flag and for gst-plugins-wav,
which do not exist.

My make.conf has

USE=" alsa dbus doc emacs esd gnome gtk guile hal java jpeg mad mp3
mmx mpeg png ppds scanner sse sse2 truetype X xft xulrunner"

My /usr/src/linux/.config has
CONFIG_SND=m
CONFIG_SND_TIMER=m
CONFIG_SND_PCM=m