-   -   Video DVD Creation (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/126633-video-dvd-creation.html)

sean 07-17-2008 05:33 PM

Video DVD Creation

Following these steps
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/AVI_to_DVD

to create a DVD all went along great, including the Step 6 test.

I burned the DVD as instructed in the second half of step 6 then tried
the disc in my player.

It did not play, the DVD player just ejected the disc.
Also tried the DVD in my computer and on insert it did not automatically
start to play, as a store purchased DVD would do.

From command line I can get Xine to play the disc.

Any ideas, perhaps a switch is missing on the burn step?

Thanks
Sean

p.s. I know this is not Gentoo specific, but I am trying to create this
disc using Gentoo.

07-17-2008 06:04 PM

Video DVD Creation

sean <tech.junk@verizon.net> wrote:

> Following these steps
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/AVI_to_DVD
> to create a DVD all went along great, including the Step 6 test.
>
> I burned the DVD as instructed in the second half of step 6 then tried
> the disc in my player.
> It did not play, the DVD player just ejected the disc.

Did you install "cdrkit" instead of the official cdrtools?

If you have correct all upercase file names and if you use toe real mkisofs
it should work.

The mkisofs clone "genisoimage" is know for problems.....

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)