Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Unable to mount root dir, Segmentation failure with mount

thaks, this one helped me:

I followed those steps, and where able to recover my system.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 02:34:42AM +0100, Duane Griffin wrote:
> Google says someone else hit it once upon a time, but it doesn't seem
> to be listed on the kernel bugzilla. Your journal is corrupted and the
> kernel is not being as careful as it should before using on-disk data.
> If you remove the journal you will hopefully get some or all of your
> data back. On a *COPY* of the partition image do the following to
> replace the old journal with a new one:
>
> tune2fs -O ^has_journal <image>
> e2fsck -f <image>
> tune2fs -j <image>
> e2fsck -f <image>
>
> If everything looks OK and the data you care about is all there then
> you can go ahead and fix up your real disk. If you wouldn't mind
> though, please keep a copy of the corrupted image. I'll prepare a
> patch to fix the BUG and it would be helpful if you could test it once
> it is ready.
>
> > Thaks in andvance for any help,
> >
> > Carsten
>
> Cheers,
> Duane.

I'd like to help, so that this problem can be fixed, if you got anything
ready, just send it to me, and I'll giv it a try on that corrupted image.

bye,
Carsten

I now get other problems, but will tell you about later...