Old 07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Richard

Default Evolution Doesn't Filter Incoming Mail

Dear all,

I use Evolution as my mail client. I receive Gentoo mailing list email
at my GMail address, and access this email in Evolution over IMAP.

I want Gentoo mailing list messages to go into a Gentoo mailing list
folder in Evolution, and so I've setup an incoming mail filter to take
all mail with a sender or recipient address matching '@lists.gentoo.org'
and move it to my Gentoo mailing list folder.

Despite ticking the 'Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this
server' check-box in the Evolution Account Editor, I have to highlight
new email and click 'Apply Filters' in Evolution's 'Message' menu so
that Evolution will actually move them to the desired folder.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance,
Richard