Old 07-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Michael Higgins

Default gentoo install on Dell restore partition... live?

So, I finally got the OK to nuke another Dell winbox. My dream is to:

* Partition the restore partition (3.6 GB) for any small linux
installation

* make that partition active, bootable, with grub installed

* reboot and ssh into that linux machine to finish by toasting NTFS
partition and making it my gentoo system '/' as per usual...

Can this be done without physical access to the machine which is
currently running windows XP? I am administrator and get 'there' via
RDP.

Any suggestions appreciated in advance.

Cheers,

--
| /| | | ~ ~
| / | |---| `|` ?
| |ichael | |iggins ^ /
michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org

Old 07-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Robert Bridge

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:31:03 -0700
Michael Higgins <linux@evolone.org> wrote:

> Can this be done without physical access to the machine which is
> currently running windows XP? I am administrator and get 'there' via
> RDP.

Yes. If there is nothing easier, a coLinux set-up would let you do the
first step, I don't know about cygwin, it may also let you install to
the restore partition.