-   -   new Artwork ideas for FC10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/124991-new-artwork-ideas-fc10.html)

wonderer 07-14-2008 03:22 PM

new Artwork ideas for FC10

Hy together,

in order to a small discussion of the upcoming FC10 Artwork on the
marketing-list I had some ideas I would like to give here for further
comments.
I has the thought if we can't think a bit bigger for FC10?! This is the
10th Version of an Operatingsystem. 10th Anniversery. We have a one and
THEN the null behind. We have decades going forward...

So just some thoughts/ideas we could have:
- collect some/all the (unpublished) Artwork of the years and put them
together or remaster some of "the old" ideas, made them retro or so.
- ask VIP's (let your imagination flow who this could be...) make some
Artwork. I don't mean that as a blow against the art-team or so (Nicu
Buculei mentioned such a thing) but it CAN be a way to have lets say
unusual stuff in here.
an (maybe bad) example: let Stallman scribble the fedora Logo and work
that out or ask people like Doc Baumann, Linus Torwalds, Mark
Shuttleworth or such guys.
maybe we can work out lets say 12 different VIP Pics or scribbles for
that.

- put in some photos as backgrounds, maybe from big events or meetings...
there are few Pictures as backgrounds, but many people have some.
There are many ways to put in lets say "faces of fedora" in a smooth way...
- best of artwork-artwork: any Artworker give one bit of his work to
another and let him or her work that out, let your minds flow,
cooperate, work out things together, etc.

- other ideas...

So, any comments on my ideas?

sincerly
Henrik Heigl
/// wonderer at fedoraproject.org //

Máirín Duffy 07-15-2008 05:39 AM

new Artwork ideas for FC10

wonderer wrote:

Hy together,

in order to a small discussion of the upcoming FC10 Artwork on the
marketing-list I had some ideas I would like to give here for further
comments.
I has the thought if we can't think a bit bigger for FC10?! This is the
10th Version of an Operatingsystem. 10th Anniversery. We have a one and
THEN the null behind. We have decades going forward...

So just some thoughts/ideas we could have:
- collect some/all the (unpublished) Artwork of the years and put them
together or remaster some of "the old" ideas, made them retro or so.

This seems an interesting idea and has been proposed at least 3 other
times. However, it seems no one has been interested in it enough to
follow through. Maybe you could be the person to make this happen?

- ask VIP's (let your imagination flow who this could be...) make some
Artwork. I don't mean that as a blow against the art-team or so (Nicu
Buculei mentioned such a thing) but it CAN be a way to have lets say
unusual stuff in here.

I think we have more than enough ideas right now for F10 that we don't
need to go out and ask for more to add more to the pool.

an (maybe bad) example: let Stallman scribble the fedora Logo and work
that out or ask people like Doc Baumann, Linus Torwalds, Mark
Shuttleworth or such guys.

I don't know if Mark Shuttleworth would be all that interested in
contributing to Fedora. Just a hunch. :-p

What is the meaning behind doing this? How does it relate to Fedora? It
seems to be promoting celebrity over expertise, no? Technical people
doing art = people doing something outside of their expertise? What does
that say about Fedora? Is celebrity really valued in Fedora?

maybe we can work out lets say 12 different VIP Pics or scribbles for
that.

- put in some photos as backgrounds, maybe from big events or meetings...
there are few Pictures as backgrounds, but many people have some. There
are many ways to put in lets say "faces of fedora" in a smooth way...

Do you have any pictures to suggest?

- best of artwork-artwork: any Artworker give one bit of his work to
another and let him or her work that out, let your minds flow,
cooperate, work out things together, etc.

This is what our art process involves right now. :)

~m

"wonderer4711@gmx.de" 07-15-2008 09:34 AM

new Artwork ideas for FC10

Máirín Duffy schrieb:

wonderer wrote:

Hy together,

in order to a small discussion of the upcoming FC10 Artwork on the
marketing-list I had some ideas I would like to give here for further
comments.
I has the thought if we can't think a bit bigger for FC10?! This is
the 10th Version of an Operatingsystem. 10th Anniversery. We have a
one and THEN the null behind. We have decades going forward...

So just some thoughts/ideas we could have:
- collect some/all the (unpublished) Artwork of the years and put
them together or remaster some of "the old" ideas, made them retro or
so.

This seems an interesting idea and has been proposed at least 3 other
times. However, it seems no one has been interested in it enough to
follow through. Maybe you could be the person to make this happen?
I'm to short in here and I did not know much of the guys, so it was only
my first idea if I read about that here...

- ask VIP's (let your imagination flow who this could be...) make
some Artwork. I don't mean that as a blow against the art-team or so
(Nicu Buculei mentioned such a thing) but it CAN be a way to have
lets say unusual stuff in here.

I think we have more than enough ideas right now for F10 that we don't
need to go out and ask for more to add more to the pool.

Ok, then you can put that on the list for later ;-)

an (maybe bad) example: let Stallman scribble the fedora Logo and
work that out or ask people like Doc Baumann, Linus Torwalds, Mark
Shuttleworth or such guys.

I don't know if Mark Shuttleworth would be all that interested in
contributing to Fedora. Just a hunch. :-p

What is the meaning behind doing this? How does it relate to Fedora?
It seems to be promoting celebrity over expertise, no? Technical
people doing art = people doing something outside of their expertise?
What does that say about Fedora? Is celebrity really valued in Fedora?
It was only an idea. You can shuffle the people also to Bill Gates,
George Bush or whatever you have in mind! You can also take RH
Developers or Chair Members or Fedora Enthusiasts over the past X years.
Do you know the Apple "Think different" Ad?!
The idea CAN be valluable for marketing. Fedora is like all other Linux
Distributions in many Countrys the geek-OS. I know not as many Girls and
women who uses Linux as there are Wind$s using Girls. So that point
would be more adressed to marketing...

maybe we can work out lets say 12 different VIP Pics or scribbles
for that.
- put in some photos as backgrounds, maybe from big events or
meetings...
there are few Pictures as backgrounds, but many people have some.
There are many ways to put in lets say "faces of fedora" in a smooth
way...

Do you have any pictures to suggest?
I know some public Pictures of Linuxtag here in Germany on flickr.com.
For other countrys maybe other people can share their pics.

- best of artwork-artwork: any Artworker give one bit of his work to
another and let him or her work that out, let your minds flow,
cooperate, work out things together, etc.

This is what our art process involves right now. :)

Ah, ok. Thanks.

best regards
Henrik Heigl

// wonderer @ fedoraproject.org //