Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 AM
RazGriz

Default F10 artwork schedule - time to close proposals?

+1.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Ian Weller wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:

We've an overwhelming number of proposals for F10 now. Should we close

new proposals for F10 so we don't have our focus spread across too many

ideas?

Give everyone another week. Some people may be working on proposals

right now.

Good idea! Is everyone okay with closing it on July 21st?

Also, we should probably go through the proposals missing the

requirements and remind the proposers to fully fill them out or pull them.

A matrix on the wiki page might help. It also might help to have a wiki

page with the requirements for each stage, with examples from previous

releases' successful themes. Maybe I can talk with you tomorrow about

what exactly the requirements are and I can compile the pages...

We do have a page with the requirements; they have been the same since F7:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#How_to_Play

Basically:

- have a good *concept*

- create a wiki page with:

*- a theme name

*- initial sketches (at least one is what we usually say, and they can be examples or references to other artwork)

*- an explanation of the concept and how it relates to Fedora

*- the proposer must have a signed CLA

Having examples of good ones from previous versions of Fedora would be awesome!

~m

RazGriz
The Solo_-Wing.
Diretor de Arte
GNU-LIA--=www.gnu-lia.org
2 Tons Comunicaçăo
Revista Fedora Brasil

Portal O-Gimp
-=-=:Quem constrói a realidade é vocę.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Nicu Buculei

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Ian Weller wrote:

We've an overwhelming number of proposals for F10 now. Should we close
new proposals for F10 so we don't have our focus spread across too many
ideas?

Give everyone another week. Some people may be working on proposals
right now.

Good idea! Is everyone okay with closing it on July 21st?

Fine by me. I uploaded one more concept (steampunk photography) and do
not have anything major on the horizon.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:56 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Layer Tennis, anyone? http://layertennis.com/index.php