Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 PM
»Q«

Default Backdown from firefox 3 (not enough integration yet)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:16:22 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 14 July 2008, Harry Putnam wrote:
> > What is my best option to back down to the last 2.X of firefox? It
> > appears version 3 does not have compatibility with several addons
> > that I like to use (sitebar being the main one).
> >
> > Is it best done in .../package.provided or some other way?
>
> It's not slotted so you can have only one:

Not slotted, but you can have both.

~ $ eix -c firefox
[i] www-client/mozilla-firefox (2.0.0.15@07/04/2008): Firefox Web Browser
[i] www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin (3.0@06/17/2008): Firefox Web Browser
Found 2 matches.

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
"b.n."

»Q« ha scritto:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:16:22 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday 14 July 2008, Harry Putnam wrote:

What is my best option to back down to the last 2.X of firefox? It
appears version 3 does not have compatibility with several addons
that I like to use (sitebar being the main one).

Is it best done in .../package.provided or some other way?

It's not slotted so you can have only one:

Not slotted, but you can have both.

~ $ eix -c firefox
[i] www-client/mozilla-firefox (2.0.0.15@07/04/2008): Firefox Web Browser
[i] www-client/mozilla-firefox-bin (3.0@06/17/2008): Firefox Web Browser
Found 2 matches.

Iff one does not block the other when you emerge. Which is pretty much
probable.

m.