Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Matt Harrison

Default grub menu working but invisible

I just updated grub as part of my regular updates and it gave me the
message that I should re-install grub to my MBR otherwise stage1 and
stage2 would mismatch.

I ran grub-install as normal and it (apparently) installed the
bootloader without problems.

However, now, when I boot up, I don't get a grub menu or anything on the
screen. Originally I thought there was a problem and my system wouldn't
boot but I tried pressing return and it booted up without problems.

I'm just wondering what might've happened to cause grub to become
invisible. My splash image, grub.conf and everything looks fine and
worked perfectly before the update.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Matt