Old 07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

Default Uwe Thiem

Alan McKinnon schrieb:
It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list longer
than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up a little
tribute here:

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2574

What that page doesn't say is how much Uwe loved gentoo. A long-time
subscriber around here, his posts must number in the 100s if not 1000s.
I'm gonna miss him, even though he lived only 1000km away (a trivial
distance in Africa) I never did get to collect that pitcher of
Namibia's finest he owed me. I guess now I never will.

This are indeed very sad news. He was truly an enrichment to this list!
I count 554 messages from him to this list from the beginning of 2006
when I joined! Google Groups lists 804 since 2004.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Montag, 14. Juli 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list longer
> than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up a little
> tribute here:

fuck. Always the best. Always so early