Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Harry Putnam

Default Backdown from firefox 3 (not enough integration yet)

What is my best option to back down to the last 2.X of firefox? It
appears version 3 does not have compatibility with several addons
that I like to use (sitebar being the main one).

Is it best done in .../package.provided or some other way?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 14 July 2008, Harry Putnam wrote:
> What is my best option to back down to the last 2.X of firefox? It
> appears version 3 does not have compatibility with several addons
> that I like to use (sitebar being the main one).
>
> Is it best done in .../package.provided or some other way?

It's not slotted so you can have only one:

echo '>=www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0' >> /etc/portage/package.mask
emerge mozilla-firefox

Remove the entry from package.mask when you feel firefox-3.0 is good
enough for your needs

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Harry Putnam

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> writes:

> echo '>=www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0' >> /etc/portage/package.mask
> emerge mozilla-firefox
>
> Remove the entry from package.mask when you feel firefox-3.0 is good
> enough for your needs

Nice... thanks