Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Uwe Thiem

It's a sad day for me today. Uwe Thiem, who has been on this list longer
than I have, passed away on Friday. My friend Alastair put up a little
tribute here:

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2574

What that page doesn't say is how much Uwe loved gentoo. A long-time
subscriber around here, his posts must number in the 100s if not 1000s.
I'm gonna miss him, even though he lived only 1000km away (a trivial
distance in Africa) I never did get to collect that pitcher of
Namibia's finest he owed me. I guess now I never will.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com