Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Mick

Default ping latency

Hi All,

I noticed that when I ping my router using Linux I get time=3.5ms for say
packets -s 4096. When I run the same test using MSWindows I get 1ms perhaps
2ms but no more.

Before I discard MSWindows ping results as flawed, would you know of a good
reason to explain this difference? Aren't all pings the same? Why is Linux
showing greater latency?
Mick