-   -   {OT} Audio CD pre-gap info? (cdrdao?) (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/122524-ot-audio-cd-pre-gap-info-cdrdao.html)

Daniel Iliev 07-10-2008 03:59 PM

{OT} Audio CD pre-gap info? (cdrdao?)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:30:54 -0700
Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
> pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
> seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
> for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
> "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.
>
> - Grant

Perhaps: cdparanoia -Qvs

--
Best regards,
Daniel

07-10-2008 04:28 PM

Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:30:54 -0700
> Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
> > pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
> > seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
> > for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
> > "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.
> >
> > - Grant
>

> Perhaps: cdparanoia -Qvs

Please read the documentation before giving useless "advise".

cdparanoia is based on a very old cdda2wav version (from 1997) and thus
is not able to scan for indices.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

Grant 07-10-2008 10:45 PM

{OT} Audio CD pre-gap info? (cdrdao?)

>> Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
>> pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
>> seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
>> for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
>> "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.
>>

> See the cdrecord/cddda2wav man pages and examples sections...
>
> To copy an audio CD in the most accurate way, first run
>
> cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav
>
> and then run
>
> cdrecord -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav
>

> if you like paranoia support, add -paranoia to the cdda2wav options.
>
> Jörg

I don't actually want to copy the CD, I just want to know if it has
any pregaps. This says that cdrdao-utility will provide the
information:

http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/issues/detail?id=207&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary %20Stars%20Opened%20Modified#c1

but that binary isn't installed with Gentoo's cdrdao package.

- Grant