Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Grant

Default {OT} Audio CD pre-gap info? (cdrdao?)

Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
"pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.

- Grant

Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM

Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
> pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
> seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
> for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
> "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.

See the cdrecord/cddda2wav man pages and examples sections...

To copy an audio CD in the most accurate way, first run

cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav

and then run

cdrecord -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav

if you like paranoia support, add -paranoia to the cdda2wav options.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)