Old 07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Dale

Default equery and strange warnings

Hi,

I noticed a while back that each time I use equery I get a strange
output then the regular results. This is a sample:

root@smoker / # equery list cdrtools
/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_util.py:39: DeprecationWarning: DEPRECATION
NOTICE: The portage_util module was replaced by portage.util
/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_checksum.py:39: DeprecationWarning:
DEPRECATION NOTICE: The portage_checksum module was replaced by
portage.checksum
/usr/lib/portage/pym/output.py:39: DeprecationWarning: DEPRECATION
NOTICE: The output module was replaced by portage.output

[ Searching for package 'cdrtools' in all categories among: ]
* installed packages
[I--] [ ~] app-cdr/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha41 (0)
root@smoker / #

Anybody know what all this depreciation stuff is about? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:38:26 -0500, Dale wrote:

> /usr/lib/portage/pym/output.py:39: DeprecationWarning: DEPRECATION
> NOTICE: The output module was replaced by portage.output

> Anybody know what all this depreciation stuff is about? How do I fix
> this?

Deprecation, not depreciation - while impending obsolescence and a
decrease in value often go together, that is not the case here

The naming of modules in portage was changed recently, I suspect you are
mixing a stable portage with a testing gentoolkit, or maybe vice-versa.
I'm using all ~amd64 here and see no such warnings.

--
Neil Bothwick

Member, National Association For Tagline Assimilators (NAFTA)

Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed a while back that each time I use equery I get a strange
> output then the regular results. This is a sample:

what versions of gentoolkit, portage and python are you using?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 07-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Dale

Alan McKinnon wrote:

I noticed a while back that each time I use equery I get a strange
output then the regular results. This is a sample:

what versions of gentoolkit, portage and python are you using?

Here you go:

[I--] [ ~] sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc1 (0)
[I--] [ ] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.3-r1 (0)
[I--] [ ] dev-lang/python-2.4.4-r13 (2.4)

I guess I need to unmask gentoolkit and match them back up huh?

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Dale

Dale wrote:

Alan McKinnon wrote:

I noticed a while back that each time I use equery I get a strange
output then the regular results. This is a sample:

what versions of gentoolkit, portage and python are you using?

Here you go:

[I--] [ ~] sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc1 (0)
[I--] [ ] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.3-r1 (0)
[I--] [ ] dev-lang/python-2.4.4-r13 (2.4)

I guess I need to unmask gentoolkit and match them back up huh?

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)

Hi,

That seemed to work pretty good.

app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.4_rc4

No warning message this time. Cool.

Now if UPS would hurry up with my printer and stick of memory.

Thanks for the help.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Dale wrote:
> > what versions of gentoolkit, portage and python are you using?
> >

> > *
>
> Here you go:
>
> [I--] [ ~] sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc1 (0)
> [I--] [ *] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.3-r1 (0)
> [I--] [ *] dev-lang/python-2.4.4-r13 (2.4)
>
> I guess I need to unmask gentoolkit and match them back up huh?

I see you already know what to do :-)

If you update python as well (2.4 to 2.5 is safe) make sure you read the
elog messages and do what it tells you to do with python-updater

Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Dale

Alan McKinnon wrote:

what versions of gentoolkit, portage and python are you using?

Here you go:

[I--] [ ~] sys-apps/portage-2.2_rc1 (0)
[I--] [ ] app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.3-r1 (0)
[I--] [ ] dev-lang/python-2.4.4-r13 (2.4)

I guess I need to unmask gentoolkit and match them back up huh?

I see you already know what to do :-)

If you update python as well (2.4 to 2.5 is safe) make sure you read the
elog messages and do what it tells you to do with python-updater

I wondered if that would be the next thing to update. Since it is
working, I'm going to leave well enough alone. ;-)

Oh, got my printer and memory yesterday. Turned out the cable had dust
in it. Oh well, I got a new printer and 2Gbs of ram now. -_O I can
fold some big uns now.

Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)