Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Sebastian Günther

Default grub emerge make boot screen and others unreadable

* Allan Gottlieb (gottlieb@nyu.edu) [09.07.08 20:04]:
> The latest stable emerge of grub decided to add
>
> splashimage=(hd0,2)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>
> to my grub.conf
>
> Since I do not have support for this in my kernel the screen was
> unreadable. Should I file this as a bug?

Your kernel is not even loaded, when this happens. So your kernel has
nothing to do with it.

This is the background picture of grub, which grub should display. This
should not happen. But before filling a bug look at the open bugs for
grub, if it isn't filed already.

> thanks,
> allan

Sebastian

--
" Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx

SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de