Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default trouble configuring postgrey

I'm trying to be a good netizen and set up spam filtering (prior to
forwarding traffic).
I'm having trouble configuring postgrey for this purpose. I thought I
followed all the
directions, but there appears to be a step missing.

Anyway, the system is pretty simple: a single machine, with a few aliases whose
mail is forwarded to my ISP (which is where I prefer to read
everything). The ISP
is unwilling to deal with the spam this would cause in the absence of filtering.

I decided to use a UNIX socket, since I understand that that is
generally more efficient
for intra-machine use.

When i configured postgrey and postfix, (re)started both and looked at
the log file,
I see every message gets
warning: connect to private/postgrey: No such file or directory

This is from /etc/conf.d/postgrey
POSTGREY_TYPE="unix"
POSTGREY_SOCKET="/var/spool/postfix/private/postgrey"

This from /etc/postfix/main.cfsmtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_mynetworks
permit_sasl_authenticated
reject_unauth_destination
check_policy_service unixrivate/postgrey

I'm just guessing: should I create a unix-domain socket in
/var/spool/postfix/private/postgrey?
Or should starting postgrey take care of that?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD