Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
"Marko Kocić"

Default Emerge --inject equivalent

Does anyone knows about emerge --inject equivalent? Inject was used to
tell (lie to) portage that some package is installed alhough it is
not.

What I was to trying to do is to avoid recompilation of the whole
glibc because new flag fas been added to CROSSCOMPILE_OPTIONS.
emerge -uDN world keeps me bugging that I should recompile glibc.

The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
of package because emerge bugs me to do it.

Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?

Or should I open new bug to change default behaviour of emerge -N flag
for new USE flags which are not used anyways?

Thanks,
Marko

Old 07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Kenneth Prugh

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:14:13 +0200
"Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone knows about emerge --inject equivalent? Inject was used to
> tell (lie to) portage that some package is installed alhough it is
> not.
>
> What I was to trying to do is to avoid recompilation of the whole
> glibc because new flag fas been added to CROSSCOMPILE_OPTIONS.
> emerge -uDN world keeps me bugging that I should recompile glibc.
>
> The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
> which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
> of package because emerge bugs me to do it.
>
> Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?
>
> Or should I open new bug to change default behaviour of emerge -N flag
> for new USE flags which are not used anyways?
>
> Thanks,
> Marko

/etc/portage/profile/package.provided

man portage for details. syntax is "x11-wm/dwn-5.0.1" if I recall
correctly.

--
Ken69267 | AMD64 Gentoo Dev