Old 12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
"Chuanwen Wu"

Default lxr and Mysql problem

Hi, guys!

I want to use lxr to view the kernel source and have installed it with
the guide in the file INSTALL in the lxr package .
But when I do genxref, the error occure.

I show a example below, in which I use a EMPTY file called
"helloworld.c" in the a directory called "helloworld". I try to
genxref it and the output is:

# ./genxref --url http://localhost/lxr/

This is glimpseindex version 4.18.2, 2006.

Indexing "/usr/src/mysrc/helloworld" ...

Size of files being indexed = 72 B, Total #of files = 1

Index-directory: "/var/www/localhost/htdocs/lxr/src/.glimpse/helloworld"
Glimpse-files created here:
-rw------- 1 root root 41 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_filenames
-rw------- 1 root root 4 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_filenames_index
-rw------- 1 root root 0 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_filetimes
-rw------- 1 root root 121 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_index
-rw------- 1 root root 116 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_messages
-rw------- 1 root root 22 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_partitions
-rw------- 1 root root 125 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_statistics
-rw------- 1 root root 262144 2007-12-04 21:03 .glimpse_turbo
*** / helloworld
*** /helloworld.c helloworld
--- /helloworld.c helloworld 1196773242-72
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'release = 'helloworld' at line 1 at
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/LXR/Index/Mysql.pm line 209.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'release) values ('18841', 'helloworld')' at
line 1 at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/LXR/Index/Mysql.pm line
213.
/helloworld.c was already indexed
### / helloworld
### /helloworld.c helloworld
--- /helloworld.c helloworld 1196773242-72
/helloworld.c was already referenced

Then I opened firefox with the url http://localhost/lxr/source, but
nothing in the browser. And when I used http://localhost/lxr/, I
could see the file in the lxr directory in my browser.

Other information:
$mysql -V
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.44, for pc-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

And I use lxr-0.9.5 and dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.00.5.

Any help will be very appreciated!

wcw

Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 AM
"Chuanwen Wu"

So, no one ever used lxr?
Or maybe you can recommend other tools that can be used to view the
souce(usually the kernel source) to me?

Thanks!

--
wcw

Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Randy Barlow

Chuanwen Wu wrote:
> So, no one ever used lxr?
> Or maybe you can recommend other tools that can be used to view the
> souce(usually the kernel source) to me?

I'm not at all familiar with lxr, but most text editors can do syntax
highlighting when you view source code. I like vim from the console, or
kdevelop for GUI. Is it just a text editor you are looking for?

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com

Old 12-07-2007, 08:36 AM
"Chuanwen Wu"

here is some information about lxr:
# eix lxr
[i] www-apps/lxr
Available versions:
(0.3.1) *0.3.1!m
(0.9.5) (~)0.9.5
{cvs freetext mysql postgres vhosts}
Installed versions: 0.9.5(0.9.5)(02:48:51 PM 12/03/2007)(mysql
vhosts -cvs -freetext -postgres)
Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxr
cross-referener with a web-based frontend

lxr somehow like the SourceInsight in Windows. It make you jump and
trace the routines and source files very easily.
For example, when you are reading such a routine:

int
test{
f1();
f2();

}

maybe you want to know what the funtion f1() or f2() does, then you
will just need to use the mouse to click on the f1() or f2()(or any
other SIMPLE ways) and it will jump to the definition of this fuction.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM
"Chuanwen Wu"

I have found global + vi or firefox

It's very easy to configure.