Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Mick

Default How to reset Kwallet master passwd

Hi All,

A user has entered the wrong master passwd when he first used Kwallet. Now he
cannot use it anymore. What's the recommended way of resetting the master
passwd for Kwallet. Losing all stored passwds in Kwallet is not an issue.
Mick

Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 PM
"Michal 'vorner' Vaner"

Hello

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:53:59PM +0000, Mick wrote:
> A user has entered the wrong master passwd when he first used Kwallet. Now he
> cannot use it anymore. What's the recommended way of resetting the master
> passwd for Kwallet. Losing all stored passwds in Kwallet is not an issue.

You could open kwalletmanager and delete the wallet there.

Or you can delete .kde/share/apps/kwallet (I hope it is there).

--
A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner

Old 12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Mick

On Tuesday 04 December 2007, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:53:59PM +0000, Mick wrote:
> > A user has entered the wrong master passwd when he first used Kwallet.
> > Now he cannot use it anymore. What's the recommended way of resetting
> > the master passwd for Kwallet. Losing all stored passwds in Kwallet is
> > not an issue.
>
> You could open kwalletmanager and delete the wallet there.
>
> Or you can delete .kde/share/apps/kwallet (I hope it is there).

Thank you. Will try this out when I connect to that box later tonight.
Mick