Old 07-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Daniel Iliev

Default f-prot

Hi, guys

For several days now I'm getting an error [1] from vixie-cron while
it is trying to execute "/opt/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl"

Does anyone know what's this all about?

[1] The error quoted:

"Server error on remote machine.
Fatal error. Exiting..."

--
Best regards,
Daniel

Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 04 July 2008, Daniel Iliev wrote:
> Hi, guys
>

> For several days now I'm getting an error [1] from vixie-cron while
> it is trying to execute "/opt/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl"
>
> Does anyone know what's this all about?
>

> [1] The error quoted:
>
> "Server error on remote machine.
> Fatal error. Exiting..."

Assuming that the server is actually up and available, and that the logs
give no useful info, sniff the relevant traffic with tcpdump.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 07-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Dale

Daniel Iliev wrote:

Hi, guys

For several days now I'm getting an error [1] from vixie-cron while
it is trying to execute "/opt/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl"

Does anyone know what's this all about?

[1] The error quoted:

"Server error on remote machine.
Fatal error. Exiting..."

I haven't updated f-prot in a long while but just to test it, I did the
updates. It worked fine here.

Dale

:-)

Old 07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Daniel Iliev

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:32:17 -0500
Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> It worked fine here.

Thanks!

That was all I needed to know, that the problem is only mine. As Alan
proposed I sniffed the traffic and found there was a header
(User-Agent=MSIE) which was making the server say something like "this
OS is not supported". Now everything is fine.

--
Best regards,
Daniel