-   -   Curious emerge behaviour. (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/118037-curious-emerge-behaviour.html)

James Homuth 07-03-2008 05:05 AM

Curious emerge behaviour.

I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block
loop at me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world" produces:
[blocks B ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking
sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)

[blocks B ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking
sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)

Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility
issue with either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one
will eliminate it, but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance
it. Any info on this one would be greatly appreciated.

James

"Andrey Falko" 07-03-2008 05:26 AM

Curious emerge behaviour.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM, James Homuth <james@the-jdh.com> wrote:
> I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block loop at
> me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world" produces:
> [blocks B ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)
> [blocks B ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
>
> Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility issue with
> either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one will eliminate it,
> but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance it. Any info on this one
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> James

Yes, I've had this problem and I am sure many others did too...mktemp
was a seperate package, but is now included in coreutils. All you have
to do is emerge -C mktemp and then update to the new version of
coreutils. I've done this on at least 3 comps, so it should work for
you with no problems for you.